Held via Skype on Tuesday 11 October 2016 at 1930 hrs.
05/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Phil Holiday ZL3PAH
Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, Howard Buxton ZL1BXA
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phil Dodds ZL4XYZ,
Don MacDonald ZL3DMC, Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Topsy Scott ZL2LS
ZL2TW Stuart Watchman for lateness
ZL4ARG Alex Gordon
05/3 Minutes of Council meeting September 2016 - Confirmed
05/4 Additional Agenda Items
05/5 Action Points
Action Points Council July meeting 2015
1) ZL2TW - DATV WN VHF Group Ch 25 DATV test progress. - Ongoing
Action Points Council March meeting 2016
1) ZL3PAH New NZART Web Site update - Ongoing
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016
07) ZL2TW to apply to the Charities Commission, for charitable status.
Waiting for AGM in Rotoura where council will submit a Remit - Ongoing
08) ZL2TW/ZL2DL/ZL3DMC questions and regulations to be updated and forwarded to RSM for approval. This has been updated and forwarded to DebbyZL2DL to forward onto RSM and waiting for reply back. Stage two is underway. Ongoing
09) ZL2TW Bank account signatories to be updated on AREC Trust account
This is on hold until ZL2TW becomes a trustee, see AP below - Ongoing
10) Reestablish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust and replace ZL1VH with ZL2TW as a trustee as soon as possible. - Ongoing
11) ZL3VP/Evan/ZL3DMC to ensure register of all assets of AREC completed before next audit review. - Ongoing
Action Points Council Monday face to face meeting June 2016
03) ZL2TW/Evan to further investigate computer upgrade and associated costs
ZL2TW spoke with Evan, computer has now been purchased and awaiting software. Once received work can commence on the database and accounting package interface. - Ongoing
5) ZL2TW/ZL2DL to write to branches encouraging membership at a reduced rate to all those who did not take up the special promo offer. To coincide with renewal reminders in October.
Debby ZL2DL is working on this - Ongoing
05/6 Confirmation of New Members September 2016 - Confirmed
05/7 Monthly Financials September 2016
b) Actuals v Budget Accepted moved ZL1BXA 2nd ZL1PK - Carried
05/8 Monthly Reports
a) AREC Financial report -emailed
b) QSL Bureau Report August/September
c) Auckland Unitary Plan update - Accepted
05/9 HQ Lease renewal
After some discussion is was agreed further investigation was required even though the new lease appears to be cheaper at the current premises.
Consideration of moving was discussed - Landlord to do fit out; tenant NZART to do curtains etc. Council to have phone conversation with other tenants
Will have additional one off costs associated with moving.
To discuss via email and get it sorted ASAP our current lease runs out end of October 2016
Council to make the final decision to ensure there is no additional financial risk to NZART
ZL2TW and ZL3PAH to sort this and get back to council.
05/10 Branch 18 Lower Hutt, change to Constitution
Council to go back to them and suggest that they consider a review rather than no checks at all, as good practice.
05/14 Leave of Absence
ZL2DL 21 October 2016
ZL1BXA Howard Buxton for next on air meeting November
05/15 General Business
Any Break in enquires re PDF format Debby to forward onto Mark ZL2UFI Break In Editor to deal with these enquires.
Phil ZL3PAH to talk to Debby re this and also to let Mark know that Council has suggested this to happen.
1997-2017 Copyright New Zealand Association of Radio Transmitters. All Rights Reserved.
PO Box 40-525, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand. Telephone: (04) 939 2189. Contact Us
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Contact Webmaster at e-mail email@example.com