08/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Council: Phil King ZL1PK, Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ,
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phill Dodds ZL4XYZ
Don MacDonald ZL3DMC, Phil Holliday ZL3PAH,
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
Alex Gordon ZL4ARG
Howard Buxton ZL1BXA
08/3 Minutes of Council meeting December 2015
08/4 Additional Agenda Items
08/5 Action Points
Action Points Council Meeting December 2013
1 ZL2TW/ZL3PAH to look at Debby’s ZL2DL contract then follow with review, and
update job description. Complete
Action Points Council Meeting Friday 29 May 2015
1) ZL1TAJ/ZL2MAX consideration of a logo for promotional purposes for NZART
Action Points Council Meeting Monday 1 June 2015
1) ZL4XYZ/ZL2UDF/ZL2TW Remit 1
The weekend course will be promoted in Break-In, OB and Infoline Complete
3) ZL3PAH/ZL4 New NZART Website
The proposal from a local company has been reviewed by the current temporary webmaster Alan ZL1AMW and the webserver/mailing list manager Jim ZL2IA. They recommend that a better approach is to continue to use an open source content management system rather than the proprietary one that would be mandatory with the company above. The current system has been made to work well in the past by Mark ZL2UFI, this was temporary.
It has become obvious that what is required is a new webmaster that will take over from Alan and drive the changes required using the open source system of their choosing.
Advertising / promotion is needed to attract this person.
Initial approach has not worked out, now need to re advertise in next issue of Break In Ongoing
Action Points Council July meeting 2015
01) Security concerns at HQ: need for a security light at the rear entrance
Another letter is to be written including the photo of the latest deposit left at the rear door at HQ. Ongoing
02) ZL4ARG/ZL2UDF Installation of a security camera at HQ Complete
03) ZL2TW - DATV WN VHF Group Ch 25 DATV test progress.
A letter has been received from Doug re this, and there are some points that need clarification. Also a couple of emails have been received with a progress reports and some hardware (filter) details. Ongoing
04) ZL4XYZ to put training DVD’s on You Tube, ensuring NZART receives publicity
Phil is halfway through this, but has developed a problem but still working on this
Action Points Council September meeting 2015
01 ZL3PAH/ZL2DL to look into purchasing a suitable printer for HQ.
Deferred to September 2016 Deferred
Debby please remove this
Action Points Council October meeting 2015
01 Advertise for NZART solicitor in Break In.
A/P: ZL4XYZ will write a situation vacant filler for the next issue of Break in and info line re position vacancy and sent to appropriate personnel Ongoing
02 Council – arrange travel for Conference 2016 in Christchurch
All councillors have done air tickets Complete
03 Council – consideration for Kordia Service Agreement April 2016
A/P: ZL1PK will draft a letter to Kordia applying for a continuation of our contract as provided for in the contract.
Action Points Council December meeting 2015
01 ZL4XYZ to make contact with Debby re officer’s annual reports 2016
08/6 Confirmation of New Members December 15/January 2016 All new members are approved by Council Confirmed
08/7 Monthly Financials December 15/January 2016
b) Actuals v Budget Accepted
08/8 Monthly Reports
a) AREC Financial report -emailed
b) QSL Bureau Report Dec 2015
c) AREC Financials Emailed out Approved
08/9 WIA Annual Conference
ZL1TAJ Neil Ellis has offered to be NZART delegate to attend the WIA conference on Norfolk Island. (ZL2TW unable to attend due to work commitments)
08/10 Examination question bank
Any issues with these when found need to be referred / forwarded to the team who is looking after the question bank.
Timely now for council to look at remit 2 passed at Hamilton
08/11 Issue of ZL6VHF to Auckland Branch 66.
Request for ZL6 call sign and response from ZL2TLL.
08/12 Annual reports
1) Presidents Annual Report – ZL2TW - TBC
2) Business Manager’s Annual Report – ZL2DL attached
3) Examinations Coordinator/ARX Annual Report – ZL2DL attached
4) AREC ND Annual report – ZL2TFZ - TBC
5) ELG Annual Report – ZL2ASF - TBC
6) Break In Editor – ZL2UFI - attached
7) QSL Bureau – ZL2ATU - TBC
8) Break In Advert Manager – ZL2UFI - attached
9) Monitoring Service – ZL1GWE TBC
10) Official Broadcast – ZL2BHF - attached
11) Awards manager – ZL3GX - attached
12) Administration Liaison Officer – ZL2TLL - TBC
13) HQ Info-line Editor Annual report??
15) Treasurer’s Annual Report – Evan Sayer (not available yet)
16) Call Book Annual report – ZL2AHB TBC
All reports received to date accepted by Council.
08/13 Christchurch Amateur Radio Club
1) Remit – NZART look at Digital membership with electronic Break In
Council have agreed this is a non transmitting remit.
ZL2TW to formulate a council comment to go with the remit in Break-In
2) Changes to Christchurch Branch 05 Constitution
08/14 Leave of Absence
08/15 General Business
ZL2LS Conference co-ordinator gave a report on arrangements for the council face to face meetings and accommodation at conference 2016.
ZL2LS also announced that Conference 2017 will be hosted by a North Island branch which will be announced in a month or so.
A South Island venue will be sought for 2018.
08/16 Information Papers:
No further business Meeting closed at 2025 hrs
ZL2LS On Air Minute Secretary