03/1 Roll Call
Chairman: Stuart Watchman ZL2TW
Council: Neill Ellis ZL1TAJ, Howard Buxton ZL1BXA,
Max Wheatley ZL2MAX, Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF, Phil Dodds ZL4XYZ, Don MacDonald ZL3DMC, Alex Gordon ZL4ARG
Minute Sec: Topsy Scott ZL2LS
ZL3PAH Phil Holiday, Phil King ZL1PK
03/3 Minutes of Council meeting July 2016 Carried
03/4 Additional Agenda Items
3/11 Association Insurance Review
03/5 Action Points
Action Points Council July meeting 2015
01) ZL2TW - DATV WN VHF Group Ch 25 DATV test progress.
Test licence currently under re-negotiation
A submission has been prepared to accompany the meeting with the RSM
Action Points Council March meeting 2016
01) ZL3PAH New NZART Web Site update Ongoing
Action Points Council Friday face to face meeting June 2016
01 ZL2DL to prepare list of non-paid members into sorted by branch numbers. Complete
02) ZL2TLL/ZL2DL to arrange a meeting with RSM to determine a way of tidying SMART records. (resulting from membership promotion) By end of August
ZL2DL is collating all gone or no addresses and is soon to have a meeting with the RSM. Silent keys have now been sorted. Ongoing
06) ZL2TW. To look at one other potential candidate as legal advisor for the Association
ZL2TW announced that Allan Stuart former Partner of the late Gerry Kilpatrick has offered to act for NZART. Complete
A/P ZL2TW is to write to the other person that was approached thanking him for his offer
07) ZL2TW to apply to the Charities Commission, for charitable status by 5 July 2016
08) ZL2TW/ZL2DL will undertake corrections of two questions in the regulations section of the database. To liaise with ZL2AJ and copy ZL2TLL with the updates.
09) ZL2TW Bank account signatories to be updated on AREC Trust account
This is being carried out by the AREC ND, ZL1VH a past trustee has forwarded signed bank documentation to the ND to make the change Ongoing
10) ZL3VP/Evan/ZL2TW to reestablish charitable status of AREC SAR Trust as soon as possible.
This cannot be done until the trustees have been changed, which needs to be done by ZL1VH and the AREC ND. Ongoing
11) ZL3VP/Evan/ZL3DMC to ensure register of all assets of AREC completed before next audit review.
ZL3DMC to ensure Gareth completes an asset register within the next two months. Also remind AREC to advise branches of insurance cover for their AREC funded radios
ZL3DMC has contacted Gareth ZL3VP regarding this and is waiting reply from him
Action Points Council Monday face to face meeting June 2016
01) ZL2TW to email Break-In editor re CD rom costs Complete
02) ZL2UFI to report back costs of producing CD ROM – 5th July.
A/P ZL2TW to get back to Mark regarding this Ongoing
03) ZL2TW/Evan to further investigate computer upgrade and associated costs
A proposal has been received from Evan today and circulated around council for consideration Ongoing
04) ZL2DL to coordinate the process of reviewing the question bank and report to Council monthly Ongoing
05) ZL2TW to circulate to council a proposal regarding preparing a branch circular, for non-members who did not receive a letter with the promo and encourage them to join. Sub price to be set.
This is to be held off until October when reminders go out and we start off with a new year. Ongoing
Action Points Council July meeting 2016
01) ZL2DL to notify Evan approval of appointment as Returning Officer
02) ZL1TAJ is to check re the Forest Fire Cover amount necessary on PL Insurance
03) ZL2UDF to prepare paper for dispensing with Monday meetings of Council after conference when an AGM is held on a weekend other than Queens Birthday.
Discussed by Council, no paper necessary, there will be plenty of advance warning to plan for this contingency if such a conference date is selected. Complete
03/6 Confirmation of New Members July 2016 Confirmed
03/7 Monthly Financials July 2016
b) Actuals v Budget Approved
03/8 Monthly Reports
a) AREC Financial report -emailed
b) QSL Bureau Report 2016
c) LGLO report Accepted
03/9 Auckland Branch 02
Amendment of Branch Constitution for Council approval Approved
03/10 Examination Supervisor application
South Wairarapa Branch: Stan Mangin ZL2BLQ, Ted Byrne ZL2JTD & Seymour Harris ZL2SY Approved
Christchurch Branch: Rob Thirkettle ZL3RX – e-mail nomination and approval from branch.
All are members of NZART. Approved
03/11 Review of Association Insurance
Howard has obtained a quotation for a more up to date policy covering HQ, public liability and forest fire cover. This will be proceeded with.
AP ZL2TW and ZL2DL
03/14 Leave of Absence
Debby ZL2DL 16 – 23 August.
Howard Buxton ZL1BXA 2 August to 19 October
03/15 General Business
1. Council Badges, Howard ZL1BXA has not been given Council Badge
A/P ZL2TW to email Debby re this
03/16 Information Papers
a) Branch 50 Constitution Change – sent via e-mail – Noted & completed
Meeting closed at 2015 hrs
On Air Minute Secretary